Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia is pleased to announce the Taiwan Scholarship Program 2010. This scholarship will allow 10 Malaysians to pursue a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral Degree of their choice at any university in Taiwan starting from September 2010. The award period for each study program varies as follows:
- Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years, monthly stipends NT$25,000
- Master’s program: maximum 2 years, monthly stipends NT$30,000
- Doctoral program: maximum 3 years, monthly stipends NT$30,000
- All successful scholarship candidates can choose additional pre-degree Mandarin Language Enrichment Program (LEP) for 1 year with monthly stipends NT$25,000.
Taiwan Scholarship Program 2009 provides only monthly stipends to scholarship recipients. The costs of tuition, board and lodging, books, medical insurance, airfare to Taiwan and other expenses will be defrayed by themselves. And all candidates must apply to their chosen university in Taiwan for degree program at the same time or apply to university-affiliated Chinese language centers for those who choose additional LEP Program.
Applicants must submit the following documents no later than March 31, 2010 to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia; TECO, Level 7, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak, No. 200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 KUALA LUMPUR.
- A completed application form for Taiwan Scholarship Program 2010
- One photocopy of passport or other certificate of nationality.
- One photocopy of highest-level diploma and a complete grade transcript.
- Supporting admission application materials (e.g. photocopy of application forms for language training centers or for a degree program at universities/colleges in Taiwan)
- One letter of recommendation at least
- One copy of autobiography
- Other documents to prove outstanding performance (optional)
Successful candidates will be required to authenticate their diploma and academic transcripts through related authorities. Successful candidates must submit their admission letter issued by their chosen university or language center to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Malaysia to finally confirm their status of being awarded scholarship.
Closing Date : 31 March 2010. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information and downloading the application form, please visit the website: http://98.to/taiwanscholarship